top of page
Events & Media Links
- 07 Mar, 17:00 – 18:00AIIFL – EAIEL | HKU FinTechWhat is the current state of the Metaverse in mainland China considering the ban on cryptocurrencies? Is the Metaverse industry booming in Hong Kong? Find out more in this seminar with Dr. Oriol Caudevilla.
- 10 Feb, 11:00 – 12:00 GMT+8HKU-SCF FinTech Academy | LectureFind out how #Blockchains #DeFi and #Web3 are tackling limitations and risks of market manipulation and cybercrime through the power of diverse data sets and blockchain forensics. #Fintech #Innovation
- 09 Dec 2022, 14:00 – 15:30HKU Business School - IDEI, ZOOM - Room 315, 3/F, K.K. Leung Building, HKUHKU Business School - IDEI Distinguished Research Seminar Series - BigTech and Digital Finance: Balancing Opportunities and Challenges of Scale with Douglas Arner (Kerry Holdings Professor in Law at HKU)
- Tue 29 Nov29TueNovSeminar: The Future of Financial Centres/In-person and online29 Nov 2022, 17:00 – 18:00In-person and online, HKU Faculty of LawDr. Jochen Biedermann will discuss about the financial centres and the continuing collaborations and sharing of knowledge as key to supporting growth across all sectors in the future.
- Fri 11 Nov11FriNovData Governance for Social Robots/HKU Law & Technology Centre11 Nov 2022, 13:00 – 14:00 GMT+8HKU Law & Technology CentreHow to Design the Informed Consent in HRI from a Regulatory Perspective?
- 02 Nov 2022, 16:30 – 18:00 GMT+8Academic Conference Room, HKU Law Blg, Centennial Campus, HKU, 78 Pok Fu Lam Rd, Sai Wan, Hong KongThese seasoned experts will discuss the new policy announcements to be to make Hong Kong an international virtual asset centre.
- Tue 01 Nov01TueNovFintech and Retail Investment of Generation Z/Philip K.H. Wong Theatre01 Nov 2022, 16:00 – 17:30 GMT+8Philip K.H. Wong Theatre, Centennial Campus, HKU, 78 Pok Fu Lam Rd, Sai Wan, Hong KongWill investment options for Generation Z be influenced by digital transformation? Can FinTech innovations change how they invest?
- Fri 28 Oct28FriOctBuilding a Bridge with CBDC/Regulatory Ramblings (LinkedIn Live)28 Oct 2022, 10:30 GMT+8Regulatory Ramblings (LinkedIn Live)Benedicte Nolens, head of the BIS’ Innovation Hub Hong Kong Centre will discuss the completion of the Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) pilot scheme which involved the governments of Hong Kong, the PRC, the UAE, and Thailand.
- Wed 26 Oct26WedOctDigitalization, Digital Trust and TrustTech/HKU-SCF FinTech Academy26 Oct 2022, 17:00 GMT+8HKU-SCF FinTech AcademyWhere do issues on #security and #privacy stand when it comes to the increasing adoption of digitalisation?
- 24 Oct 2022, 10:00 GMT+8Regulatory Ramblings (LinkedIn Live)As HongKong officials prepare to unveil new policies aiming to make the city a virtual asset hub, what steps should prospective #investors take?
- 29 Sept 2022, 11:30 – 12:00 GMT+8HKU-SCF Fintech AcademyWatch it now by clicking details!
- 23 Sept 2022, 10:00 – 11:30 GMT+8HKU-SCF Fintech AcademyHow do big data and technology reshape the premise and infrastructure of the governance of corporations?
- Mon 05 Sept05MonSeptHKU-SCF FinTech Talk Series – Threshold Cryptography/Via Zoom05 Sept 2022, 17:00 GMT+8Via Zoom"'Do not put all eggs in one basket': Securing your wallet with Threshold Cryptography" with Dr. Haiyang Xue via Zoom.
- 29 Aug 2022, 14:30 GMT+8Hong Kong Academy of LawLearn from HKU Law's Brian Tang about the LITE Lab framework (LITE - Law, Innovation, Technology and Entrepreneurship) used to prepare future lawyers.
- Thu 25 Aug25ThuAugVFF FinTech Forum 2022/Philip K.H. Wong Theatre, Faculty of Law25 Aug 2022, 10:00 GMT+8Philip K.H. Wong Theatre, Faculty of Law, Hong Kong, Lung Fu Shan, HK Hong Kong Island Pok Fu Lam 薄扶林道 10/F, Cheng Yu Tung Tower, Centennial Campus, Pokfulam Road, The University ofVFF FinTech Forum 2022 will bring together Thought Leaders, Fintech Experts, Financial Services CXOs and Fintech Startups to provide insights and discuss the core themes of Fintech for Industry 4.0 and WealthConnect and Fintech & ESG.
- 08 Aug 2022, 10:00 GMT+8 – 09 Aug 2022, 11:30 GMT+8HKU-SCF Fintech AcademyHKU-SCF Fintech Academy's Distinguished Lecture Series in ESG features Professor Manju Puri (J.B. Fuqua Professor of Finance, Duke University - The Fuqua School of Business) and Mr. Aalishaan Zaidi (Global Head of Personal Banking for Consumer, Private and Business Banking, Standard Chartered).
- 07 Jul 2022, 16:00 GMT+8The Global Alliance of Impact Lawyers -GAILHow can practitioners utilise HKU Law's LITE Lab and TCLP resources and get involved to help them get skilled up and impact law in Asia Pacific?
- 28 Jun 2022, 12:00 GMT+8Astana International Financial CentreThis panel will look into the approaches to digital assets and issues of “balancing” risks and innovations, and gatekeeper role of big crypto players.
bottom of page